I paint contemporary pet portraits from from your photographs

Here you will find the details & some client testimonials
on individual Painted Pets portrait commissions
.
To see my archived ink drawings, click the link below.


Painted Pets WEBSITE / INK DRAWINGS archive

Dec 23, 2012

Current dog

This is the under painting stage for a new portrait. I leave the work at this stage for a while and contemplate. It's the best way for me to see any mistakes and make any adjustments before the later stages of the painting. Major changes in the final stages can be (and almost always are!) a huge nightmare. I have been known to start a whole new painting from scratch when problems aren't obvious early on, for me this is actually easier, but of course it takes more time. 
This handsome German Shepherd was an Agility champion. Agility training with his family was his passion. A lovely dog (but not quite captures here yet). The portrait is 30 x 40 cm oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment